We currently have no 8 week courses scheduled as we are currently busy running bespoke courses for businesses. If you would like to organise a tailor-made course, please contact us. Or if you would like to check out our mindfulness online website, click here.
The 8 week course has been successfully delivered to over 100 participants over the last 2 years, receiving excellent feedback and positive results. The course incorporates elements of the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Course (MBSR) and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT). Delivered by Chris Finn, who has trained with The Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice at Bangor University. Chris also brings his own expertise working with individuals and groups using mindfulness for over a decade.
By the end of the course you can expect to be more confident about managing stress and unhelpful thinking patterns and reactions. You will have developed new skills in self-compassion and will have more freedom and space from your thoughts and emotions. You will have learnt how to practice mindfulness and to engage more fully with life.
100% of the attendees from the last group said that they would recommend this course to a friend or family member.
To read some past feedback from the 8 week course, click here.
Daily home practice (up to 40 minutes is recommended) is required to get the full benefits of what is taught on this course. Full guidance and meditation recordings are provided. This is an in-depth course taking you from the beginnings of how to meditate and practice mindfulness, right through to working with emotions using mindfulness and meditation and reducing self-criticism and judgement for self and others.
The course includes eight group sessions and the cost also includes:
- An initial telephone consultation and identifying personal goals (if desired)
- Full course handbook covering what's been taught in the sessions, and material to support you
- Recordings to take away each week for home practice
- Guidance on how to practice during the week
The groups are small to aid learning and all are held in a supportive environment.
The 8 week course is for you if you would like to learn to:
- Manage stress
- Introduce more calm and peace into your life
- Reduce symptoms of depression or anxiety
- Manage chronic pain
- Improve your wellbeing
- Relieve suffering from long-term health conditions
- Get in touch with your values and what’s important to you
- Increase emotional intelligence
- Use meditation to focus the mind or bring more compassion into your life
- Recognise and let go of the patterns, beliefs, themes or situations that limit you or cause you discomfort
- View your thoughts with less engagement
- Be able to distance yourself from your emotions in a way that means you are less overwhelmed or burdened by them
- Introduce more peace into your life
- Learn to slow down and enjoy your own company
- Reduce self-criticism
"All excellent. A lovely course that has given me far more than I ever expected".
"This course has been fantastic. I can't believe how much I have learnt. I just wish I had come across this earlier. The learning has been immense and I really got out of it what I put into it. I can't recommend Chris enough. He clearly lives and breathes mindfulness".